Saturday, August 16, 2008

Festival Rock y Ruedas de Avándaro, 1971

In early May of this year, Kindling and I went to watch her sister graduate from the fine institution of RISD. I was terribly sick and finding myself at a college party the first night I attempted to counteract my sickness with a healthy amount of George Dickel Whiskey. Anyone familiar with this product will know that this didn't work. I am intimately familiar with hangovers but I have never felt worse than I did the next day. As such, the commencement speech by Lauri Anderson that morning was less than exhilarating.
In all honesty I've never meet a more charming family but making it through a celebratory dinner with the O'Rourkes that evening was challenging. At any rate, all weekend, for reasons that I think are clear, the phrase Mexican Hippie pervaded my already sensitive consciousness.
Festival Rock y Ruedas de Avándaro, September 11th & 12th, 1971. Toluca, Estado de Mexico.
Rock y Ruedas performers Los Dug Dugs
Get it Here

No comments: